Date: January 28, 2015
Location: The Arts and Letters Club of Toronto. 14 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 1G7.
Registration: Please register by January 15. There is no fee to participate but registration is required to enable us to arrange for catering services.
Should you have questions regarding registration please contact Dan Mireanu, P.Eng. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6:30 pm – 7 pm Reception and Refreshments/Hors D’oeuvres
Note: Candidates to PEO Council who may be in attendance are welcome to mingle and distribute their promotional material during the 6:30 to 7:00 period. They may also leave their promotional material on the side tables. However, there will be no candidacy speeches due to limited time to cover the AGM Agenda.
- Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions by Chapter Chair
- Presentation of Scholarships by Education Outreach Chair
- Presentation of Volunteer Service Pin recognition by Vice- Chair
- Guest speakers
- Approval of the Agenda as presented or as amended
- Minutes of AGM held on January 29, 2014. Please use this link http://goo.gl/6VFOcE to read the minutes – Motion to adopt as presented or as amended by the Secretary
- Treasurer’s Report for 2014. Motion to adopt as presented or as amended by the Treasurer
- Activity Report for 2014 presented by the Chair
- Election of the 2015 Board of directors
- Other Business
- Seminar/Presentation: Strategic Plan for the Rehabilitation of the F.G. Gardiner Expressway by Frank Clarizio, P.Eng., Director Design and Construction (Transportation Infrastructure), City of Toronto.
As in previous years, a list of names nominated by the current board will be submitted to the members. Candidates may be submitted in advance to the attention of Dan Mireanu, P.Eng., Secretary (acting) at email@example.com or at the AGM up to the time of the taking of the vote. All East Toronto Chapter Members who either has a P.Eng. or EIT designation are voting members on all matters at the AGM (i.e. approval of annual reports and election of chapter Board of Directors). The full list of names will be voted as a block without regard to individual officer or subcommittee chair positions which will be decided by the newly elected board at its first meeting shortly after the AGM (within 30 days).
The venue is readily accessible by TTC. From Dundas Station on the Yonge Subway Line 1, walk two short blocks north on Yonge St. Turn left on Elm St. and walk west a few metres towards the venue on the north side of the street. Pay parking is available just west of the venue on the same side of the street. A flat rate of $10 is charged after 6:00 pm payable up front by self service at the pay station.
Presentation: Strategic Plan for the Rehabilitation of the F.G. Gardiner Expressway The presentation will outline the approved Strategic Plan for the Rehabilitation of the F.G. Gardiner Expressway, extending from Highway 427 to the eastern limit at Logan Avenue. The Strategic Plan includes an assessment of the current condition of the Expressway including the “at-grade” and “elevated” sections, a prioritization of the proposed rehabilitation works, and presents a comparison between the conventional and accelerated approaches for the rehabilitation in terms of project schedule, capital costs and user impact costs associated with the construction of the rehabilitation works.
Presenter: Frank Clarizio, P.Eng., Director Design and Construction (Transportation Infrastructure), City of Toronto.